How to photograph a cervix
M***@caramail.com
2004-03-03 05:53:56 UTC
someone must know
Nibbler
2004-03-03 05:22:43 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
I'm not gonna touch that with a ten foot pole. Anyone else want to take a
stab at it?
Lionel
2004-03-03 06:27:40 UTC
Post by Nibbler
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
I'm not gonna touch that with a ten foot pole. Anyone else want to take a
stab at it?
Jeez, that was a rather unfortunate choice of words, Nibbler. Every
woman reading your post probably winced in imaginary pain. ;)

And yeah, my apologies to you all for responding to the anon troll, but
I just couldn't resist such a great straight line.
Nibbler
2004-03-03 05:36:41 UTC
Post by Lionel
Post by Nibbler
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
I'm not gonna touch that with a ten foot pole. Anyone else want to take a
stab at it?
Jeez, that was a rather unfortunate choice of words, Nibbler. Every
woman reading your post probably winced in imaginary pain. ;)
And yeah, my apologies to you all for responding to the anon troll, but
I just couldn't resist such a great straight line.
Same here. I try to stay OT, but puns, sarcasm and irony seem to fill some
void within ...
Claudius Jones
2004-03-03 06:45:13 UTC
I'm not gonna touch that with your pole ;-) Have the Hospital do it,
they're good at it...

;-)
stab at it?
Nibbler
stab at it?
Lionel
2004-03-03 09:46:34 UTC
Post by Nibbler
yea, a gyno has one of those things you can use... what is it now... it's on
the tip of my tongue...
Doesn't that make you really unpopular with women?
Ron Hunter
2004-03-03 13:51:16 UTC
Doesn't that make you wonder where said tongue WAS? Grin.
Lionel
2004-03-03 14:14:59 UTC
Post by Ron Hunter
Post by Lionel
Post by Nibbler
yea, a gyno has one of those things you can use... what is it now... it's on
the tip of my tongue...
Doesn't that make you really unpopular with women?
Doesn't that make you wonder where said tongue WAS? Grin.
I thought he meant that his tongue was like a speculum. As for tongue
techniques generally, modesty forbids any comment from me. ;)
Lionel
2004-03-03 06:22:11 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
First, you'll need to convince a woman to let you within viewing
distance of her genitalia. In your case, your best bet is probably to
borrow $100 from your mommy & see if you can find a crackwhore so
desperate for a fix that she'd be willing to do business with you.

HTH, HAND!
Dan Pidcock
2004-03-03 10:46:49 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
Lionel
2004-03-03 10:55:57 UTC
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!

That's the best response yet, Dan.

Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
Nibbler
2004-03-03 12:58:29 UTC
Post by Lionel
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!
That's the best response yet, Dan.
Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
I knew someone else could come up with something. I just couldn't put my
finger on it.
Andrew Morris
no, no... the thing you put your finger on is closer to the outside... ;-)
Alan Brennan
That would be the release button
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat
2004-03-04 14:45:43 UTC
Post by Alan Brennan
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:38:28 +1100
Post by Andrew Morris
Post by Nibbler
Post by Lionel
---^----^-------------------------------------------------------------
--
Post by Alan Brennan
Post by Alan Brennan
That would be the release button
As a woman, I'm just pleased you guys can find it. ;-)

Rachael
Alan Brennan
2004-03-04 20:03:44 UTC
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:45:43 -0000
Post by Lionel
Post by Alan Brennan
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:38:28 +1100
Post by Andrew Morris
Post by Nibbler
Post by Lionel
Post by Alan Brennan
Post by Andrew Morris
Post by Nibbler
Post by Lionel
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
\|/ \|/ it is illegal to kill them." Perna condita
delenda est
Post by Alan Brennan
---^----^-------------------------------------------------------------
--
Post by Alan Brennan
It's usually right next to the aperture control
David K. Wall
Shudder release?
George Kerby
2004-03-04 14:25:13 UTC
Post by Andrew Morris
Post by Nibbler
Post by Lionel
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!
That's the best response yet, Dan.
Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
I knew someone else could come up with something. I just couldn't put my
finger on it.
no, no... the thing you put your finger on is closer to the outside... ;-)
OK GUYS!
ENOUGH!
Leave the humor to the professionals.
DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT attempt to do this at home. You are in danger of
severely embarrassing yourself and loved ones around you.
Humor is NOT for amateurs.
Please!
;-)

Alan Brennan
I couldn't agree more. This is no place for cervix with a smile.
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat
2004-03-03 17:02:52 UTC
Post by Lionel
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!
That's the best response yet, Dan.
Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
<Father Ted> Ah, go on, go on, go on. </Father Ted>

If one can't resist responding to the trolls. let's at least attempt to
make the resulting thread our own. ;-)

As to the subject line ... This is one of those rare occassions where a
monopod might actually be a better choice than a tripod, I reckon ... !

Rachael
CARBUFF
2004-03-03 20:17:06 UTC
Post by Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat
If one can't resist responding to the trolls. let's at least attempt to
make the resulting thread our own. ;-)
Yes, I agree. Lets say, which is better for this purpose, film or digital,
discuss.

Actually I was thinking along the lines of using a screw mount lens and slide
film.

George
Lionel
2004-03-04 08:02:03 UTC
Kibo informs me that "Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat"
Post by Lionel
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!
That's the best response yet, Dan.
Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
<Father Ted> Ah, go on, go on, go on. </Father Ted>
If one can't resist responding to the trolls. let's at least attempt to
make the resulting thread our own. ;-)
As to the subject line ... This is one of those rare occassions where a
monopod might actually be a better choice than a tripod, I reckon ... !
If it's the anon troll's mother, I'm sure there'd be plenty of room for
a tripod. And an assistant. And sandbags for the tripod. And
photo-floods. And a generator...
Nibbler
2004-03-04 09:47:37 UTC
Post by Lionel
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
ROTFL!
That's the best response yet, Dan.
Now you've got me trying hard to resist the temptation to make more
tasteless jokes about flashes, shutters & apertures. ;)
<Father Ted> Ah, go on, go on, go on. </Father Ted>
If one can't resist responding to the trolls. let's at least attempt to
make the resulting thread our own. ;-)
As to the subject line ... This is one of those rare occassions where a
monopod might actually be a better choice than a tripod, I reckon ... !
If it's the anon troll's mother, I'm sure there'd be plenty of room for
a tripod. And an assistant. And sandbags for the tripod. And
photo-floods. And a generator...
oh on! lets not let this turn into a "yo mamma"'s cervex thread... We may
streach the limits of good taste with all the loose language...
Nibbler
Bhup
2004-03-03 12:57:32 UTC
How about using and extension tube.
--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003
p.mc

Nibbler
2004-03-03 16:30:39 UTC
Post by p.mc
Attach a minicam to the end of your nudger and do what comes naturally.
"Thats what I do anyway" Tee hee!!
--
Regards
p.mc
sounds like a job for one of those X-10 low-light spy cameras, or that pen
camera...

http://www.4hiddenspycameras.com/wir24colpenc.html

http://www.4hiddenspycameras.com/
Frank ess
2004-03-03 18:27:43 UTC
Post by Dan Pidcock
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
You probably want to shoot wide open.
Whirrr. Click. Click. Click.

Nothing personal. You've been obliterated by the
Delete-Repliers-to-Trolls-and-Other-Miscreants Robot.

Sorry.

Robliterator
Annika1980
2004-03-03 12:52:30 UTC
If it's your mom, you'll need a wide-angle, probably with a haze filter..
Paul H.
2004-03-03 20:32:07 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
I'd rather not contribute to the education of a young Hannibal Lector,
thanks all the same.
Douglas MacDonald
2004-03-03 20:39:17 UTC
Ring flash?
Douglas
thanks all the same.
Chris
2004-03-03 22:02:48 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
With a fiber-optic miniature camera. Which, you'd know if you were
qualified to take pictures of a cervix.
Jupiter
2004-03-04 11:53:33 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
With a fiber-optic miniature camera. Which, you'd know if you were
qualified to take pictures of a cervix.
That's more appropriate to endoscopy. Here, we are dealing with a
larger structure, of which visual examination is carried out by means
of a colposcope, which is basically a low-power stereo microscope
equipped with annular lighting and a suitable means of manipulation,
often a floor stand with various movements. A working distance of
around 90mm is appropriate, but this will depend on the focal length
of the objective lens. This will provide ample magnification for
close inspection and can be manipulated for checking the surrounding
areas as the colposcope is moved out. Obviously a speculum is also
necessary to enable the use of the colposcope.

Photography or video is carried out by means of attaching a camera to
the viewing head of the colposcope, either by means of a standard
trinocular head or camera adapter fitted to one of the eyepiece tubes.

For cytological and histological purposes it is necessary to obtain
smears or scrapes which are then placed on glass slides, suitably
stained and inspected with a compound microscope. One would, of
course, have to know what to look for.

For the amateur photographer, even with a stereo microscope, things
would be more difficult. The instrument can be very heavy and must be
held very steady. They normally stand vertically on a table.
Probably quite impractical.

The questioner would have to address certain issues before he could,
as an amateur photographer, obtain suitable pictures :-

1. Access to the subject, bearing in mind that he will be
photographing through an elastic tube, the natural state of which is
to be closed.

2. Lighting. A conventional ring-flash is unlikely to be suitable.

The pictures would probably not be very interesting.
Lionel
2004-03-04 12:43:40 UTC
Post by Jupiter
Post by Chris
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
With a fiber-optic miniature camera. Which, you'd know if you were
qualified to take pictures of a cervix.
That's more appropriate to endoscopy. Here, we are dealing with a
[snip much technical advice]

I suppose it was inevitable that someone would come up with a serious
response. ;)
Post by Jupiter
The questioner would have to address certain issues before he could,
as an amateur photographer, obtain suitable pictures :-
1. Access to the subject,
It'd probably be easiest for him to buy his mom a $10 deal of crack
cocaine.
Post by Jupiter
bearing in mind that he will be
photographing through an elastic tube, the natural state of which is
to be closed.
You obviously haven't met his momma, whose nickname is "Loosy".
Post by Jupiter
2. Lighting. A conventional ring-flash is unlikely to be suitable.
The pictures would probably not be very interesting.
Annie Sprinkle would probably disagree.

(Hint: Google for "Annie Sprinkle" & "cervix".)
mark_digital
2004-03-03 22:45:13 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
In B&W - Ultrasound - Polaroid
Are they still in business? I get a busy signal when I call their cervix
dept.
Scott
2004-03-04 01:40:35 UTC
If the subject took her own picture, would it be 'Self cervix?'
Nibbler
2004-03-04 01:10:46 UTC
Post by Scott
If the subject took her own picture, would it be 'Self cervix?'
If this information helps anyone, we can compile it into a... Public Cervix
Announcement.

;-)
Chris
2004-03-04 04:22:22 UTC
Then, we can get a grinning attendant to hand the prints to the client.

Cervix, with a smile.
mark_digital
2004-03-04 11:03:23 UTC
The attendant would be a Cervix Rep right?
Jupiter
2004-03-04 11:54:25 UTC
At your cervix, ma'am
mark_digital
2004-03-04 12:00:37 UTC
Post by Jupiter
Post by Chris
Then, we can get a grinning attendant to hand the prints to the client.
Cervix, with a smile.
At your cervix, ma'am
There's no better way to protect your images than a Extended Cervix
Agreement
Mike Lipphardt
2004-03-04 12:09:02 UTC
Post by mark_digital
Post by Jupiter
Post by Chris
Then, we can get a grinning attendant to hand the prints to the client.
Cervix, with a smile.
At your cervix, ma'am
There's no better way to protect your images than a Extended Cervix
Agreement
I am going to start charging you people for coffee-damaged keyboards if you
don't knock it off! :)

Mike
mark_digital
2004-03-04 12:32:43 UTC
Post by Mike Lipphardt
Post by mark_digital
Post by Jupiter
Post by Chris
Then, we can get a grinning attendant to hand the prints to the client.
Cervix, with a smile.
At your cervix, ma'am
There's no better way to protect your images than a Extended Cervix
Agreement
I am going to start charging you people for coffee-damaged keyboards if you
don't knock it off! :)
Mike
OK, but you know what's going to happen the next time you are about to get
seated at a restaurant. "Cervix for two"?
Lionel
2004-03-04 12:37:33 UTC
Post by mark_digital
Post by Jupiter
Post by Chris
Then, we can get a grinning attendant to hand the prints to the client.
Cervix, with a smile.
At your cervix, ma'am
There's no better way to protect your images than a Extended Cervix
Agreement
And you can get your cervix serviced at my Professional Cervix Centre!

Here's a genuine testimonial from an extremely satisfied customer:

"The guys at PCC thoroughly serviced my cervix in less than an hour, &
even lubed it for free!" Molly Strumpet, NJ.
Chris
2004-03-04 14:09:02 UTC
How many puns can we come up with from one word? :-)
George Kerby
2004-03-04 14:43:54 UTC
On 3/4/04 8:09 AM, in article
Post by Chris
How many puns can we come up with from one word? :-)
This group sure has a lot of lousy 'funny' guys.

Deathwalker
2004-03-04 20:03:18 UTC
This is probably a start of a 'smear' campaign.
Deathwalker
2004-03-04 20:07:26 UTC
http://www.stuffucanuse.com/fake_moon_landings/moon_landings.htm
Deathwalker
2004-03-04 20:10:05 UTC
http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/insanity/

thought you guys might appreciate this
Marvin Margoshes
2004-03-05 19:30:35 UTC
I tried. You win.
Bob
2004-03-06 00:28:45 UTC
Post by Deathwalker
http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/insanity/
thought you guys might appreciate this
rotflmao.....

thanks,

Bob
Martin Francis
2004-03-06 00:31:59 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
Hey, this is the internet. Most of us geeks haven't seen one since we were
born. Those that have use telephotos. To bypass the court orders.

--
Here lies the late Martin Francis
He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss
But he did take some photographs once.
Bill Tuthill
2004-03-06 19:59:35 UTC
Post by M***@caramail.com
someone must know
Hey, this is the internet. Most of us geeks haven't seen one since we were
born. Those that have use telephotos. To bypass the court orders.
Agreed.

All that's needed is a willing female model, a speculum, and close focus.
It's not as difficult as ***@shotmail.com made it sound.

Thanks to the French, I found this picture online. Even readers of the
rec.photo.digital newsgroup can probably beat the quality of this image.